This 32 hour certificate course satisfies Florida’s apprenticeship training requirement to become a Licensed Optician. The apprentice must complete the entire course within 18 months of enrolling.
POF's training certificate program for Contact Lenses is designed specifically for the Apprentice Optician. This certificate program meets and exceeds the Florida Admin Rule 64B12-16.003; Apprenticeship Requirements and Training Program for an Apprentice with a sponsor that is not Florida Board Certified for Contact Lenses.
This specifically designed 32 hour course for Florida Apprentice Opticians is presented in two parts:
PART 1 is delivered to you on-demand online and covers contact lens theory in carefully designed modules by Professional Opticians of Florida that can be completed at your own pace.
PART 2 of the program is a hands-on clinical workshop model, which is delivered over a three-day weekend. Apprentices will spend 19 hours learning the key concepts of Contact Lens fitting working hands-on with highly skilled contact lens instructors.
Florida Apprentice Opticians FAST Track your Optical Career with the
Apprentice Contact Lens Certificate Program!
- Get your certificate in Contact Lens Education
- Earn 160 work hours towards your apprentice training program
- Get quality training to prepare you for your new career
- Become a Florida Licensed Optician sooner
- Florida Board of Opticianry Approved Program
Sponsors and Employers:
Busy Practice? Don’t have time to train? Ensure your staff have the right skills and knowledge to serve your clients
Let Professional Opticians of Florida teach your staff and apprentices/students the basics about contact lens fitting and give them a real-time practice environment to gain confidence
Who would benefit from attending?
- Apprentice Opticians whose sponsor is not Florida Board Certified for contact lenses that are required to complete a Florida board approved 32 hour course
- Apprentice Opticians who want to learn contact lens fitting skills
- Student Opticians
- Opticians, as a refresher
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistants
- Certified Ophthalmic Technicians
- Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologists
Additional Benefits of Attending this Course:
- Meets Florida requirements for Contact Lens training for Florida Apprentice Opticians FAC: 64B12.16203
- Receive 160 work hours toward your Apprentice training requirement for successfully completing the 32 hour course
- An excellent foundation of preparation for National Exams
- Perform clinical tasks to reinforce theory using hands-on skills
PART 1 OF THE PROGRAM: ONLINE
Online and On Demand: Learning at Your Own Pace
You will receive thirteen hours of high quality training in contact lens theory, delivered to you online.
All of the online modules were carefully designed by Professional Opticians of Florida as a comprehensive introduction to contact lens theory for Apprentices.
Each interactive module uses quality graphics formatted into short single subject segments; this allows you to fit them into your busy schedule and complete the program at your own pace.
There is more good news; you can start Part I at any time, even today.
You will receive thirteen hours of the BEST training in Contact Lens theory that is available, delivered online and broken into manageable modules including:
- introduction to contact lenses - 6 one hour modules
- pre-fit and assessment - 1 two hour module
- diagnostic fit and evaluation – 1 two hour module
- lens dispensing and patient evaluation - 1 hour module
- follow up visits with the patient - 1 hour module
- administrative procedures – 1 hour module
PART 2 OF THE PROGRAM: HANDS ON WORKSHOP
Clinical & Hands-on Training with CL Fitting
The clinical workshop, delivered over a three-day weekend provides you with nineteen (19) hours of hands-on contact lens fitting experience. You will work with highly skilled contact lens instructors and learn by doing as they explain the key concepts of contact lens fitting in this clinical setting.
The next offering of Part 2 will be held during POF’s West Coast Better Vision on September 11-13, 2020
Your three-day weekend will include in-depth training in the following areas:
- 3 hours – slit lamp and pathology
- 3 hours – Florida and Federal laws/rules related to contact lenses and dispensing
- 13 hours – practical hands-on training component with:
- Slit lamp and illuminations
- Insertion, removal and solutions
- Soft lens parameters and ordering; transposing, spherical equivalent & vertex distance
Register today and complete your 13 hours of online education
* Attend West Coast Better Vision and complete your training at the 19 hour hands on workshop
- Friday half day Noon - 5:00 pm
- Saturday all day 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday all day 9:00 am - 5:00 pm